Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Birthday Parties, Amy Bradley-Hole


Growing up, I had some awesome birthday parties. They were pretty simple - no bounce houses or circus acts or fancy food or hundreds of guests. No, they were simple but fun affairs. They usually involved splashing around in a pool or lake and generally being wild and crazy and burning off some energy. My mom really made them great, though. She had a knack for making a fun cake and tasty snacks. Plus she always came up with a neat theme and made sure the decorations were perfect.

As a mom, I'd love to give my kids the same kind of birthday experience. But the problem is, I work full time. I just don't have the time to plan a party, shop for decorations, come up with activities, etc. If I even thought about tackling a project like that, I would lose my mind.


The birthday boy
That's why I love the Museum of Discovery. They have the greatest birthday party service for moms like me. They let you choose from an assortment of themes that are sure to please any kid. And they take care of almost everything for you. Activities? Check. Drinks? Check. Plates and napkins? Check. Awesome-fun staff members who love hanging out with crazy, loud, rambunctious kids? Check! Someone to CLEAN UP AFTER YOU? A big, fat answer-to-my-prayers check. All you have to do is send out invitations and bring a cake.




And while it may not be the simple birthday party of my memories, it's still good, clean educational fun. It doesn't feel "bought" in any way. It feels wholesome. And after all, I think that's really what I loved about my childhood celebrations.

Captivated by a birthday party activity!


So if you want an easy birthday experience that will please you, your kid, your guests (and your wallet), look no further than the Museum of Discovery!





Amy Bradley-Hole is a busy working mom who barely has time to do laundry, let alone plan parties. An avid museum-goer, she loves all types of museums and exhibits. She also loves introducing her two sons to the world of technology and science. When they’re not in the Room to Grow space, you can find Amy and her family watching LSU football.








Editor's note: MOD VOICES is proud to publish this entry by our friend Amy Bradley-Hole.

No comments: