Monday, October 25, 2010

My first visit to the Museum of Discovery, Eden Huffstickler

Editor's note: MOD Voices is proud to welcome budding writer Eden Huffstickler. :-)
Now that I know how much fun birthdays are, I can’t wait for my next one! Mommy and Daddy helped me celebrate my first birthday by taking me to the Museum of Discovery. We all had so much fun! The first thing I saw when we walked inside was a big green dragon sitting on top of a castle door. There was a button on the door, and when I pushed it, the dragon came to life! She opened her eyes and talked to me and Mommy.

Inside the room with the castle door was all kinds of fun stuff. Mommy said it was called the “Room to Grow” and it was for little kids just like me. The first thing I found to play with was a bunch of letters that stuck to the wall. Daddy said they were magnets, and he even helped me spell my name!



Next, Daddy put me in a pit filled with pretend dirt and toy trucks. But I SO wasn’t dressed for that! I just wanted out!



After that we walked over to a giant train track with lots of little trains that I got to move along the track. I had a lot of fun with that, but not quite as much as Daddy!



There were so many other fun things for me to play with and explore, too! I got to climb a rock wall, get in a boat, go down a slide and visit a farm! I loved the farm a lot. Me and Mommy read a lot of books with farm animals in them, and I got to see a big cow just like the ones in our books. I just couldn’t stop looking at it!



When we left the “Room to Grow,” we visited the rest of the Museum. Mommy said I’ll really love the rest of the Museum when I am a little bit older, but for now the “Room to Grow” is just my size! And I can’t wait to go back!

= = = = = = = = = = = =


Eden is the one-year-old daughter of Tyler and Kelcie Huffstickler. When she’s not blogging, she’s watching Diego or playing with her dog, Barnaby. She had a little help on this post from her mommy, who works for Little Rock Family magazine and blogs about their family at http://www.thentherewerethree.me/

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Great job Eden! Maybe you will grow up to be a writer, just like your mommy!